Archive

[vc_row css_animation="" row_type="row" use_row_as_full_screen_section="no" type="full_width" angled_section="no" text_align="left" background_image_as_pattern="without_pattern" css=".vc_custom_1525726601577{margin-top: 40px !important;}" z_index=""][vc_column][vc_row_inner row_type="row" type="grid" text_align="left" css_animation=""][vc_column_inner width="1/2"][vc_column_text] Building History: In 1948, the original Hotel Dieu opened as a small maternity hospital in the large Victorian building, the Woodruff Mansion. Land donated across the street would become home...

[vc_row css_animation="" row_type="row" use_row_as_full_screen_section="no" type="full_width" angled_section="no" text_align="left" background_image_as_pattern="without_pattern" css=".vc_custom_1525726601577{margin-top: 40px !important;}" z_index=""][vc_column][vc_row_inner row_type="row" type="grid" text_align="left" css_animation=""][vc_column_inner width="1/2"][vc_column_text] Building History: The 1960’s Mid Century Modern School’s most notable feature was the front portico. This was long considered to be one of the Architectural Icons of Dundas.[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space height="16px"][vc_column_text] Project Summary: BD...

[vc_row css_animation="" row_type="row" use_row_as_full_screen_section="no" type="full_width" angled_section="no" text_align="left" background_image_as_pattern="without_pattern" css=".vc_custom_1525726601577{margin-top: 40px !important;}" z_index=""][vc_column][vc_row_inner row_type="row" type="grid" text_align="left" css_animation=""][vc_column_inner width="1/2"][vc_column_text] Building History: The Northern Rubber company built and opened their facility here in 1920, where they manufactured rubber footwear, running shoes, toe rubbers, galoshes and women's velour slippers. In the...

[vc_row css_animation="" row_type="row" use_row_as_full_screen_section="no" type="full_width" angled_section="no" text_align="left" background_image_as_pattern="without_pattern" css=".vc_custom_1525726601577{margin-top: 40px !important;}" z_index=""][vc_column][vc_row_inner row_type="row" type="grid" text_align="left" css_animation=""][vc_column_inner width="1/2"][vc_column_text] Building History: Industrial Warehouse located at 1757 Burlington St E, Hamilton required modifica+on. [/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space height="16px"][vc_column_text] Project Summary: The project encompassed removal of transite siding. Transite contains asbestos and was removed using proper safety...

[vc_row css_animation="" row_type="row" use_row_as_full_screen_section="no" type="full_width" angled_section="no" text_align="left" background_image_as_pattern="without_pattern" css=".vc_custom_1525726601577{margin-top: 40px !important;}" z_index=""][vc_column][vc_row_inner row_type="row" type="grid" text_align="left" css_animation=""][vc_column_inner width="1/2"][vc_column_text] Building History: In 1958, Lucky Strike Lanes opened, in 1968, it was taken over by Bowlerama. Since then, the bowling alley had been a thriving “go-to” destination for many families,...

[vc_row css_animation="" row_type="row" use_row_as_full_screen_section="no" type="full_width" angled_section="no" text_align="left" background_image_as_pattern="without_pattern" css=".vc_custom_1525726601577{margin-top: 40px !important;}" z_index=""][vc_column][vc_row_inner row_type="row" type="grid" text_align="left" css_animation=""][vc_column_inner width="1/2"][vc_column_text] Building History: This structure was built in 1872 at the south east corner of King St W and Queen St S, Hamilton. After an earthquake in 1998 the old stone...

[vc_row css_animation="" row_type="row" use_row_as_full_screen_section="no" type="full_width" angled_section="no" text_align="left" background_image_as_pattern="without_pattern" css=".vc_custom_1525726617511{margin-top: 40px !important;}" z_index=""][vc_column][vc_row_inner row_type="row" type="grid" text_align="left" css_animation=""][vc_column_inner width="1/2"][vc_column_text] Building History: In 1925 the YMCA opened the East End facilities to address the needs of the women working in the factories all day; offered activities for women which included:...