All Saints Church, Hamilton

Building History:

This structure was built in 1872 at the south east corner of King St W and Queen St S, Hamilton. After an earthquake in 1998 the old stone tower had to be removed. By 2009 the congregation had received a project cost for restoration of the church and deemed it to be too expensive to support. It was then decided an alternative plan for development of the land, and the building be demolished.

Project Summary:

The demolition and deconstruction teams developed a plan to work inside out. Deconstruction started with removal of flooring, joists, lighting and architectural components. Both teams worked together to successfully remove the church windows, the demolition team salvaged all the cut stone, and graded the land for future work.

Items Salvaged

 

  • Pine T&G Sanctuary Flooring
  • Church Windows & Doors
  • Antique Church Lighting
  • Turn of the Century Cast Iron Light Standard
  • Newel Posts & Bannisters
  • 1870’s Cut Stone for Church Walls
  • 85% recovered and salvaged from the demolition.
Please follow and like us: